Learn how to transform your home into a safer, more comfortable, and more joyful place. Ayaplaces is proud to partner with Vivalon (formerly known as Whistlestop), a leading non-profit service organization based in Northern California, to present Healthy @ Home Workshops. This is a series of online sessions featuring leading home design and "living in place" experts as well as master teachers from a variety of different disciplines – from cooking to gardening and more.
Each workshop lasts 45-60 minutes, includes time for Q & A and, whenever possible, invites hands-on participation. They're open to anyone and they're absolutely FREE to attend.
Check out some of the exciting events we've lined up for the coming month. And, if you don't see something that sparks your interest, please feel free to let us know and we'll see what we can do!
P.S. To view recordings of past sessions, check out our Video Archive.
- Wed, Dec 09Online Event
- Wed, Dec 02Online Event
- Tue, Nov 17Online Event
- Wed, Nov 11Online EventNov 11, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:20 PMOnline EventJust because you're single doesn't mean you can't indulge your inner chef! There are countless delicious and healthy recipes that don't necessarily result in endless leftovers or food waste. Learn a no-fuss, easy-to-follow recipe framework that will help you plan, shop for, and savor your meals.
- Wed, Nov 04Online Event
- Wed, Oct 28Online Event
- Wed, Oct 14Online EventOct 14, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMOnline EventTake advantage of this shelter-in-place time to assess your longer term housing needs, and to explore and understand your future options. Senior housing experts, Juliane Bigelow and Helen Lindberg, will provide an overview of the senior housing landscape and help you get started on your research.
- Wed, Sep 30Online EventSep 30, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PMOnline EventThanks largely to COVID, many older adults are taking a closer look at Accessory Dwelling Units (affectionately referred to as “Granny Flats”). Join architect & senior living expert, Jeffrey DeMure, for an intro to Accessory Dwelling Units and why they might be a great long-term option for you.
- Wed, Sep 16Online EventSep 16, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AMOnline EventStorage closets overflowing? Stuff everywhere? Master home organizer, Dana Arkinzadeh, to the rescue. Dana will walk you through her tried-and-true process for sorting, purging and assigning items. Just 5 simple steps toward a safer, less stressful and more comfortable home environment!
- Wed, Sep 02Online EventSep 02, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDTOnline EventHow well is your home suited to your needs? What quick and easy home modifications can you make TODAY that will improve safety, comfort and convenience? Join master "living in place" guru, Fritzi Gros-Daillon, for an hour long “how to” session that just might make a world of difference.
- Wed, Jun 03Online Event
Please note: Once you sign up for an event, we'll send you periodic reminders via email with direct links to the class. All you'll need to do is click on this link to launch Zoom, the popular video conferencing software. We'll also include a call-in telephone number for those who prefer to listen in.